Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Question about the tuberculosis test


Question about the tuberculosis test?
I just had a PPD test for tuberculosis, and its for my clinicals. They slapped a band-aid on me, and off I went. This one person at work told me that having a band-aid on it will affect it. Is this true? I find it hard to believe.
Respiratory Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know if it would affect it but I've never seen them cover it with a band aid. It's best to leave it uncovered. Call your doc to verify.
2 :
the band-aid may have skewed the results. have it done again.
3 :
The only way that the band-aid would affect it is if you had an allergy to the adhesive. Typically we don't cover the site as we want you to be aware of any changes that occur. IE: redness, swelling,etc. I recommend that you take the band-aid off and make sure that remark upon it when you go back to have it read in 2-3 days. It was probably done as a knee jerk reaction. Good luck in your clinicals



 Read more discussions :