Thursday, September 16, 2010

pulmonary tuberculosis sputum sample


pulmonary tuberculosis sputum sample?
I am conducting research on pulmonary tuberculosis this coming December. This research will required me to collect sputum samples from a hospital which is 50km away from my university lab. How do I transport this sputum sample?...and is it ok to refrigerate the sputum before I make my collection?
Respiratory Diseases - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If the distance is only 50 km, you should collect your sputum using a cooler to store them for the mean time. If you have a small refrigerator that you can accommodate in your car, then the problem will be solved. My advice is to be very careful with sputum samples and please wear a mask while dealing with the samples



 Read more discussions :