Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What is Tuberculosis? Simplified


What is Tuberculosis? Simplified?
Alright, so I am doing a school project on Lord Durham. I have most of my research done, but the only thing that is not clear is his death. He died of Tuberculosis and I have no idea what that is and if my teachers ask me, I want to be able to answer. So I need to know what Tuberculosis in a form of what a schoolboy would understand. Thanks!
Respiratory Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
disease caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosim........a bacteria that is transmissable in coughs and air drops...................very hard to treat,but,new drugs work....9 months meds............usually settles in the lungs when bacteria is inhaled...............more common in other countries,although it is in america......when exposed the body fights it and walls it off in the lungs,sort of a fence-in effect......sometimes if body is worn down can spread to other lung and entire body causing death...................so,it is very old disease that is still around and contagious.............if suspect ya have it,nurse would do a skin test,ppd,and xray to determine if ya have it.......contacts of a positive person are usually treated as precaution....................,
2 :
Hopefully this web link is in an understandable form? See below



 Read more discussions :