Friday, May 4, 2012

Will Tuberculosis affect employment


Will Tuberculosis affect employment?
I was diagnosed with Tuberculosis infection (not the Tuberculosis disease) about 5 years ago. I am not currently on any treatment / medication for it though I was prescribed some but I had stopped taking it, which I now know is bad after doing some research because it increases the my chances of developing Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis. I am going in for a medical examination for a messenger clerk position with the city library on Monday, Oct. 23. We are required to fill out a report of medical history for non-sedentary positions and on the form it mentioned tuberculosis. I was wondering if having the Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis will actually effect my chance as of being hired at a city library? Thank you!
Respiratory Diseases - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, it will affect your employment. They will test you before hiring you, so you have to tell the truth. You have to go back on those medications immediately!
2 :
If your state health department follows Tb cases like yours and is aware that you were non-compliant, I can only hope that it would affect your employment opportunities.
3 :
TB is contagious, speak to your doctor about recovery, if he says all is good, then you need to get a letter from him/her to show jobs, its would be best to have 2 letters, 2 different doctors.
4 :
Sunshine, don't put out anyone's light to make yours shine. Haven't you been informed that TB is contagious? Why would you stop taking your meds? The city library? Don't do it. Get treatment first, please. Even if you just have the infection and not the disease, don't you think that not getting treatment could lead to disease or something else? Come on, be reasonable...and smart



 Read more discussions :