Friday, June 1, 2012

Paper on Leprosy or Tuberculosis


Paper on Leprosy or Tuberculosis?
Hey everybody, I had a quick question. I'm doing a presentation for my class on epidemics where I have to pick a disease and talk about how they affected/were affected by culture. So far, I've narrowed it down to Leprosy or Tuberculosis. I just wanted to get some input on which one has a stronger cultural background and would fit better/be able to write easy on in terms of culture and epidemics. Thanks so much!
Homework Help - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would definitely do TB..mainly because it was a scourge of a disease in the 19th and 20th centuries that caused thousands to die. Not only that, it was very contagious and if u were infected it was a death sentence. There was no way to combat it. For some strange reason, some ppl who cared for TB patients never got it. Although it was a bacterial infection of the lungs and the patients always coughed sputum and blood they were immune..dont know why. Maybe u should focus on that issue. FYI..Edgar Allen Poe watched several ppl die from this disease, (do the info for me) but I think his wives died of this but he never got it. This added to his sad and horrible life..I think this is right but would be good to put in your presentation for info



 Read more discussions :