Saturday, September 1, 2012

OMG I think I have Tuberculosis


OMG I think I have Tuberculosis?
Okay so I'm really upset right now my mom never takes care of her health... I tell her everyday to but she doesn't listen and is very irresponsible for her age. Her work requires her to get a TB test annually. She got it done last year, and had a swelling thing after the test. So it came out positive for Tuberculosis. Then she got further evaluated with an X-Ray but that came out negative. Then this year the same thing happened... after the TB test she had swelling again in the arm at the injection site. She is going to get an X-Ray, again, tommorrow to be further evaluated. I just found all this out today and I'm really scared I might have it too. I guess my questions are- 1) Why does her TB test come out positive but her X-Ray come out negative? Does this mean she has it or doesn't have it? 2) Could I have it too and what should I do... I'm incredibly frustrated right now... please help if you have any information about this!
Other - Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Phone your Public Health Nurse for immediate answers.
2 :
The TB skin test means she has been exposed to the disease. The x-ray shows if there is any sign of the disease in her lungs. If the doctors think she may have active TB she will go on medicine for a while. Now with you, you should have a skin test. You may be fine since your mother is displaying no signs of infection. This would be cough, fever, weight loss, night sweats. Good luck
3 :
First of all, relax. You do not have TB. Neither does your Mother. A positive PPD test means they have been exposed to a person who had Tb. A negative Chest xray means no Tb. They treat with antibiotics for the exposure. Tb can affect other organs, besides the Lungs (Kidneys come to mind). You should have a Tb (ppd) test to see if you convert as exposed. You will most likely be negative. Anyway, as I said, relax, you are fine



Read more discussions :