Monday, December 1, 2008

I had a TB/PPD tuberculosis skin test, and now there is a patch of swollen skin


I had a TB/PPD tuberculosis skin test, and now there is a patch of swollen skin?
Yesterday evening I got a PPD skin test (injection of PPD) in my forearm and now a patch of my skin, approximately 2in. by 2in. is swollen red with small white circles (like goosebumps). This doesn't mean I'll test positive, right?
Other - Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No I think its your immune systems reaction to the test, I had it years ago and if Im not mistaken it means you will need the injection.
2 :
A positive mantox test will have a solid, hard bump. The larger it is the more likely you have TB. It should go down but if it feels hard contact whomever administered the test and let them know immediately so it can get measured and the appropriate treatment be administered.
3 :
No - it may just mean you have been exposed to it. A reaction means your immune system has 'seen' the disease, but it doesn't necessarily mean you actually have it



 Read more discussions :