Monday, December 8, 2008

My bf of 3 years just told me he had tuberculosis. He said he has the good tb and not the bad tb.


My bf of 3 years just told me he had tuberculosis. He said he has the good tb and not the bad tb.?
I never knew there was a good or bad tb. Additionally, he is from Jamaica I'm i at risk of getting tb and will they let him enter the state.
Respiratory Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There is no "good" TB but some forms respond to treatment better than other forms. If he has this, you need to become very knowledgeable on this condition. Go to WebMd.com and type in tuberculosis and read up on this disease.. I have no idea whether he might be able to enter the states.
2 :
He probably means that he has latent TB- an infection that is not in the lungs and therefore not contagious. You can ask him if that is what he means- if they told him latent TB or LTBI, or if he has any medical documents he will let you see. If he has latent TB there are no restrictions on entry. If he has active (infectious) TB, there precautions he would have been asked to take. Another clue is if he has been given treatment for the condition- latent TB is usually treated with one kind of medicine; active TB is treated with four in the initial stages of treatment



 Read more discussions :