Monday, November 12, 2012

My husband had a positive tuberculosis test


My husband had a positive tuberculosis test...?
This was two months ago. He was given medication to take for the next nine months. However he has not started taking it, because he can't consume alcohol with the medication. What could happen? And is there are risk to my son and I, if he doesn't start his meds? It was a positive skin test, but he doesn't have tb. He won't take his meds yet, because he can't drink. What are some of the risks to myself and son?
Infectious Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
TB is a very contagious disease, and he needs to get on his meds asap. Most of the docs I worked with were positive, since during their training they had to work on the TB floor. Prisioners are usually positive because they cant make them nor get them to take their meds.
2 :
yes this can be a huge risk. My friend was diagnosed with tb and also didnt start taking medication because of alcohol. Her husband and her daughter a few months later was diagnosed with it. TB is very contagios if not treated. TB also gets worse and could lead to death if left untreated.
3 :
There is a risk for anyone he meets including you and your son. If he doesn't he can DIE a painful horrible death



 Read more discussions :