Friday, September 12, 2008

Are dogs typically vaccinated for tuberculosis


Are dogs typically vaccinated for tuberculosis?
My mom was recently diagnosed with a latent strain of TB. I read that TB can be passed from human to canine and vice-versa - My dog is 2 years old, and up-to-date on all recommended shots - but I can't remember if the TB vaccine was one of them...
Infectious Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Nope callyour vet
2 :
As long as your dog is up to date then I really don't think that your mom would get anything from him/her. This is first I've heard of canine to human TB at all. If you have any doubt then google TB and see if it say's anything about it being passed this way. There you'll also be able to find out all about the disease itself. TB can lay dormant in your body for years before being active. I hope you get the information that you need and I hope this helped. Good luck



 Read more discussions :