Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tuberculosis? Is this true when it comes to working


Tuberculosis? Is this true when it comes to working?
I heard that if you test postive for TB then you can't work in a hospital and school setting even if the chest x-rays say that you are fine? How does it all work? I just got my TB shot and it swelled up. I'm pretty sure they will take X-rays of my chest to see what's goin on but my parents already told that I've done the chest x-ray and it will show that I am fine. On the other hand, my friend told me that by just getting the bump from the shot is enough that the hospital won't take you. Is there any truth to that? I thought I found a great job but I'm worried that I might not get it because of this. Please tell me what you know or have experienced.
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A positive skin test does not mean you have active disease. It just means that you have been exposed and your body is fighting it off. Symptoms of TB would be night sweats, weight loss, hemoptysis (coughing up blood), general bad feeling, and others. Also, they would do an chest X-ray to see if there is any lung involvement. You could still work in a hospital with a positive skin test. Of course, after a positive skin test you still have to go through annual evaluation.
2 :
Sorry, dude, I haven't gotten TB. But if you want response to your question fast, try going to this forum: http://www.mylot.com/?ref=natalie1981 There are over 100,000 users who might have some experience on the topic and the best part is, you also get paid to post any discussions



 Read more discussions :