Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm 17 so young and I have Tuberculosis and I'm pregnant


I'm 17 so young and I have Tuberculosis and I'm pregnant!!!?
My result came in positive for TB and I'm 3 months pregnant 3 will my baby have Tuberculosis too??? Is TB a dangerous disease???
Pregnancy - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You could just have a positive test. Have you had your lungs x-rayed? Alot of people test positive for it and have a clean x-ray! I tested pos for it a few years ago and all my x-rays have came back clean! good luck!
2 :
having a + PPD does not mean that you have TB it just means that you have been exposed. Active TB is symptomatic first with a chest xray that shows lungs infiltration then you would have a cough with bloody sputum of phlegm then fever etc.
3 :
I advice to talk to a health professional about your situation.
4 :
I have TB. My doc said it was not a problem. Three kids, no problems. I don't know if you can take the treatment for TB while you are pregnant (probably not). Your baby isn't at risk, but you need to make sure you get the treatment you need when it is appropriate. TB is dangerous if left untreated



 Read more discussions :