Thursday, August 16, 2012

Should I get tested for tuberculosis


Should I get tested for tuberculosis?
At my school there was a confirmed case, but my cousin (he has like four classes with me) got a letter telling him to get tested and I didnt. when i talked to him he said that was wierd cause if he was exposed so was I...
Infectious Diseases - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Just to be on the safe side....I would!!
2 :
Yes. It's a simple test. Most worker's in the medical field have to get tested once a year. Plus, the earlier the detection the easier to treat.
3 :
They simply omitted you by mistake. You should get tested.
4 :
it is a quick and painless test i would get one if you have any concerns about it
5 :
This is because TB is not an airborne bacteria and is rather spread by respiratory droplets. Therefore there has to be a large exposure to the person who was effected to effectively get infected. I do not know have a had a BCG vaccination as this decreases the chances of anyone getting TB. Don't worry for know. However if your cousin tests positive for TB, you should get it checked out



 Read more discussions :